Citrix XenApp Performance Essentials
Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 19, 2013)
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 8.7 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
A practical guide for tuning and optimizing the performance of XenApp farms using real-world examples
- Design a scalable XenApp infrastructure
- Monitor and optimize server performance
- Improve end user experience
- Tune the farm for WAN connections
- Real world examples, ready-to-use suggestions, and best practices
Citrix XenApp is an application virtualization product that allows users to connect to their corporate applications from any device. XenApp can host applications on central servers and allows users to interact with them remotely or stream and deliver them to user devices for local execution.
Citrix XenApp Performance Essentials is a practical guide that provides you guidelines, best practices, and real world examples that will help you to improve the performance of your farm, identifying and solving possible bottlenecks and using advanced features including the new features provided by XenApp 6.5.
Citrix XenApp is widely used to deliver enterprise applications to end users. This book covers the whole process of optimizing a XenApp farm, starting from the design phase all the way to tuning for remote users and connecting via geographic links.
With your farm in production, you will understand what to monitor and how to optimize your farm, as well as how to use an open-source tool, WANem, to test the applications’ behavior with different link conditions. You will also learn which settings and features XenApp offers to optimize CPU and memory utilization.
This book will help you to prevent or solve performance problems and make your users happy working with published applications.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the key components of a XenApp farm and how they work
- Design considerations and tips that make a farm scalable
- Understand counters and tools for health and performance monitoring
- Discover all about CPU optimization and memory utilisation
- Learn how to improve the load-balancing and how to handle incoming connections
- Make, measure, and speed-up the logon process
- Master the new XenApp 6.5 features for session pre-launch, such as sharing and lingering
- Learn how to improve the end user experience
- Understand how to modify Windows and Citrix session settings
- Find out about HDX and its usage to deliver multimedia applications
- Stimulate different links with WANem
A practical hands-on tutorial including multiple examples on application management using Citrix XenApp 6.5.
Who this book is written for
Citrix XenApp Performance Essentials is intended for IT architects and system administrators who work with Citrix XenApp and who need an agile, practical guide to tune and optimize the performance.