Settling Products Liability Claims: Leading Lawyers on Working with Clients and Opposing Counsel to Achieve Desirable Resolutions (Inside the Minds)
Publisher: Thomson Reuters Westlaw (September 1, 2012)
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 7.9 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
Settling Products Liability Claims provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on assessing products liability cases and working through negotiations to achieve the best outcome for the client. Featuring partners from law firms across the nation, these experts guide the reader through the process of developing effective client strategies and preparing for settlement, while highlighting key concerns from the perspective of the defendant as well as the plaintiff. These top lawyers offer advice on navigating recent cases, evaluating the opposition, managing client expectations, and avoiding common mistakes. Additionally, these experts discuss the importance of preparing for litigation in the event that settlement is no longer an option. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this ever-evolving area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Robert F. Redmond Jr., Partner, Williams Mullen - "Advising Plaintiffs and Defendants on Toxic Tort and Personal Injury Claims"
2. Terrance M. Miller, Partner, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP - "Key Strategies for Representing Manufacturers in Products Liability Cases"
3. Keith E. Whitson, Partner, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP - "Early Resolution of Products Liability Claims"
4. Kelly Anne Luther, Shareholder, Kasowitz Benson Torres & Friedman LLP - "Defense Issues in Products Liability Cases"
5. Thomas D. Myrick, Member, Moore & Van Allen PLLC - "Managing Client Expectations to Achieve Reasonable Settlement Outcomes"
6. Daniel J. Carpenter, Partner, Armstrong Teasdale LLP - "Managing Products Liability Claim Issues: Tips for Attorneys"
Sample Non-Consumer Arbitration Clause